Engineered Wood Products
Build an Ignition portal for data entry and real time reporting
DTX technology was engaged to design and build a project in Ignition 8 that could be deployed in all of the company’s facilities, linking to each site’s SQL server instance.
During the design phase DTX worked with the corporate IT team and site production teams to:
- design the intermediate database tables for data entry and production data hand over
- design the data entry screens for operators (e.g. product changes, downtime) and team leaders (e.g. shift/crew schedules, production comments)
- design the report layouts for each process type and for department and plant level reporting
The build phase required 2 months with DTX delivering all Ignition and database development.
The delivered solution provides:
- a single, common Ignition project that can be deployed across all sites
- a configuration page to allow the available data entry screens and reports to be tailored for each PC out on the floor or in the office
- data entry screens and reports tailored to each process type
- real time department level and plant level reporting that are common across all sites